Our History / About Us
It all began with a man, an idea, a set of tools, and a pick up truck. Stanley Joseph Mees fulfilled his dream of starting his own ceramic tile contracting company in 1937. Thus, Ohio Tile and Marble was born.
In 1964, the industry began to change and due to the markets higher demand for product, Ohio Tile and Marble became a Distributor. Not only installing, but supplying material for Wholesale as well as retail.
In 1968, after many years of hard work and success, Stanley J. Mees retired and sold Ohio Tile and Marble to his daughter Ruth and her Husband Clyde.
Clyde and Ruth Dowers continued to carry the torch. With the growth of the company, expansion of a new 10,000 sq/foot showroom and warehouse was completed in 1985. In 1990, a 15,000 sq/foot State of the art Fabrication Plant was built to offer additional inventory and service of Natural Stone Products.
Ohio Tile and Marble is currently operating under the Third Generation. In 1997, Ohio Tile and Marble was the first Company in the Greater Cincinnati area to purchase a Brembana Stone CNC Machine to increase production and service at the Fabrication Plant. In 2001, an additional 10,000 sq/foot Warehouse was completed to better service the customers.
Ohio Tile and Marble does not focus on being the largest. We take pride in providing unrivaled customer service, the finest choice of quality products and unsurpassed production in our industry.